Tuesday 27 April 2010

Stripes and pockets

You might remember that I had cut out some linen trousers over the weekend. Well, yesterday afternoon I put them together and here you are:



Overall I'm quite pleased with them, particularly when you consider that they took me very little time to make. There are two patch pockets on the back and, as I said in my earlier post, a drawstring waist. I am now on the hunt for some white linen and maybe some navy to make a couple of other pairs as they are good staple wardrobe items for the summer. Next time though I am going to add some pockets at the side as I have spent all day unconsciously searching for them.


I have also finally got round to finishing my stripy t-shirt. I based it loosely on a basic t-shirt that I already had but added a larger self fabric band around the neckline and also added slightly gathered sleeves that start just off the shoulder. I will try and get a better photo - and maybe one without the slightly menacing hosepipe in the background!!



No comments:

Post a Comment