Thursday 14 October 2010

k,p, ssk and k2tog

We are in the process of changing our heating for a system that is more "green" and so currently we are the greenest of all and not heating the house at all. Now when I say that I do realise that it is only October and we live in Provence so most of the time this is not a problem. In fact the days are still mostly nice and sunny but the evenings and early mornings are starting to feel decidedly chilly.

So when this pattern for a snood appeared on the day that my annual knitting bug attacked I knocked the dust off my needles and set to work. Et voilà!

Ok, so the needles were huge, the wool very thick and it is hardly the biggest item ever but even so. It is done, cast off and sewn together (and I used 100% merino wool so it really is very very warm).

The Snood: perfect for preventing chills around the neck and throat area and perfect also for snuggling into on a chilly evening whilst watching back episodes of Mad Men!

The photos are a little hazy as mademoiselle E. took them but I am sure you get the general gist.



And, of course, the great thing about the snood is the versatility of it.....


In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think everyone should have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment